Call to speak to a Licensed Insurance Agent


Mon - Fri 8am – 8pm EST; Sat - Sun 10am - 6pm EST

does Medicare cover Skin Tag Removal

Does Medicare Cover InterDry?

As we age, our wounds may no longer heal as easily on their own. This makes wound care important. Wound dressings such as InterDry may be needed to provide protection to our wounds. InterDry is a protectant for your skin that helps manage your skin fold. 

If this is a product you may need, you likely want to know “does Medicare cover InterDry?” In this article, we answer that question in clear, plain English. You will also find the average costs of InterDry if you have to pay for it out-of-pocket.

Does Medicare Cover InterDry?

The short answer is no. In most cases, Medicare will not cover the cost of InterDry. That said, there may be some situations where you can get these costs covered. Below we’ll take a closer look at this to see when you might be able to get Medicare to pay for your InterDry. 

Original Medicare

Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B) does not provide coverage for InterDry. So that means you will have to pay 100 percent for your InterDry. Original Medicare does not provide coverage for InterDry because it is a single-use wound care supply. 

However, Original Medicare provides coverage for wound care in general. Coverage for wound care is provided by Medicare Part A if it takes place in an inpatient setting. Medicare Part A provides coverage for both primary and secondary wound dressings such as:

  • Hydrogel Dressings
  • Hydrocolloid Dressings
  • Gauze
  • Foam Dressings
  • Alginate Dressings
  • Bandages
  • Adhesive Tape

However, for Medicare Part A to provide coverage you must provide documentation that your wound is still present. These documents are:

  • Wound evidence
  • Wound size
  • The extent of damage your injury is causing
  • Necessary drainage needs

Medicare Part A will cover 100 percent of the costs of hospital stays for up to 60 days. For days 61 to 90, Medicare Part A will still provide coverage. However, you will pay a copayment for each day you are in the hospital during this time. After 90 days, Medicare Part A will no longer provide coverage.

However, Medicare Part A provides 60 lifetime reserve days. If you have them, they will still provide coverage for your hospital stay after 90 days, but you will have a copay of around $750 per day.

On the other hand, coverage for wound care is provided by Medicare Part B if it takes place in an outpatient setting. Medicare Part B provides coverage for the same treatment and care as Medicare Part A does. Part B also follows the same guidelines for coverage as Medicare Part A.

Medicare Part B covers 80 percent of the costs of wound care. You will pay for the remaining 20 percent as coinsurance or copayment. 

How Much Does InterDry Cost?

The exact cost of InterDry products will vary depending on different factors. An InterDry Ag Single Sheet 10″ x 36″ is available on Amazon for around $30. 

Note: Medicare coverage changes all the time. And your specific coverage may vary from plan to plan for Medicare Advantage and Medigap plans. Always be sure to double check with your health care provider and/or Medicare insurance provider about what your plan covers and what it does not.

Additional Info on Medicare Coverage

This article is part of our series on “What does Medicare cover?”

Also, you can check out other articles in this series including:

Avatar photo